THE ITALIAN ‘LONG-WAY-UP’ TOUR – 12 NIGHTS Dates: Friday 5th April – Wednesday 17th April 2019
Ryanair Manchester/Bologna Friday 5TH April 2019 09:35-13:00H – FR2242
Ryanair Bologna/Manchester Wednesday 17th April 2019 14:40-16:15H–FR 2241
Motorcycles and luggage are shipped to Modena Italy on 28-29 March and the group fly out to Bologna on the following Friday 5th April to collect them.
We ride directly to the port of Genoa where we board the ferry to Palermo, Sicily.
Disembarking on the Saturday evening 6th April we ride directly to our first hotel in Palermo.
Sunday 7th April sees up riding via Mount Etna to our hotel for the night in the seaside town of Taormina.
On Monday the 8th April we ride to Messina to take the short ferry crossing back to the Italian mainland before riding east across the toe of Italy to the coastal town of Cosenza.
On Tuesday 9th we ride down to the heel of Italy to our next overnight stay in Otranto, quite near to Gallipoli. If we have good visibility, we should be able to see Albania to the east across the Adriatic Sea.
Wednesday 10th sees us riding to Matera famous for its ancient cave dwellings many now converted into hotels.
Thursday 11th we are Amalfi bound and we will stay in a hotel nearby Pompeii.
On Friday 12th we ride north towards the Italian capital city of Rome. We have chosen a hotel in Tivoli to the east of the city where we will stay for 2-nights. It’s very much up to you what you do on this rest day, ride into the city or use public transport, or just sit in the spa in only your laurel leaf headband whilst a eunuch peels grape for you….
On Sunday 14th we continue north to our next overnight stop in Perugia.
On Monday 15th we ride on a scenic route to Tuscany for our penultimate overnight stop in the Apennines near to Mugello to the north of Florence.
On Tuesday 16th our final ride takes us over the famous Futa Pass (SP65) leading to Bologna and then onto Modena where we will make a visit to the Ferrari Museum before arriving at out last hotel on tour.
Wednesday 17th April, after breakfast we ride to the shipping depot to drop off our motorcycles and fly home.
Approx total: 1705 miles.
In addition, if you drop your motorcycle off here at Allan Jefferies the weekend before the tour, we will carry out any required servicing work / tyre renewal etc… then your motorcycle will undergo a free health check to give you peace of mind whilst on your tour. Your motorcycle and luggage will then be transported to the shipping depot and return back upon it return. All this for a total cost of £75.00* each way.
* Servicing and tyres not included.
- Fully insured return motorcycle transport to Italy.
- Luxury return coach transfer from Bologna Airport to the motorcycle depot.
- 12 nights hotel accommodation in mostly 3 & 4 star hotels on B&B basis.
- 8 nights 3-course evening meals excluding beverages
- Ferry crossing from Genoa to Palermo inclusive of Cabin, Evening Meal & Breakfast. - Ferry crossing from Messina to Villa San Giovanni.
- Satnav Routes and Tour Guidance Notes
- Eurobiketrans Escort
- Return flights to Bologna
- Holiday/Breakdown Insurance, petrol and any other incidental personal expenditure not listed in the inclusions above.
- Single Motorcycle/Single Room – £2295.00
- Single Motorcycle/Double or Twin Room - £2995.00 (£1497.50/person)
- Two motorcycles/Double or Twin Room - £3875.00 (£1895.00/person)